Applications are now open for NHC: Community Health Fellowship Program of Greater Philadelphia's 2023/2024 cohort. Check out our open positions and apply now!
Why Serve Greater Philadelphia
Joining the NEW Public Health AmeriCorps program, National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship in Greater Philadelphia means serving in exciting, dynamic environments where you can engage with diverse populations, combat health inequities, and make an impact on the health and well-being of others in your community.
Our members serve in full-time direct service and capacity-building roles at local Community-based Organizations (CBOs), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), and health systems as Community Health Workers, Digital Health Navigators, and/or Medical Interpreters. These positions are fantastic opportunities for Philadelphians and those in surrounding counties who are interested in:
Making meaningful contributions to health equity initiatives across the Greater Philadelphia area;
Exploring what it’s like to work in Philadelphia’s community health sector;
Taking advantage of professional development opportunities, a robust training program, and networking with Philadelphia’s public health and non-profit professionals; and
Supporting their community and making a difference in the lives of people and organizations that make this city great.
Check out our host sites & open positions, below!
Who is Eligible to Apply?
In order to serve with National Health Corps: Community Health Fellowship, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Live, work, or go to school in the Greater Philadelphia Area (Philadelphia County, Delaware County, Chester County, Montgomery County, Bucks County)
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of our service term
- Be a US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident (including individuals with Refugee & Asylum status)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED at the start of our service term
- Applicants can't have served 4+ prior AmeriCorps State or National terms
- Applicants can't have a prior homicide conviction or be required to register with the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website
Our Host Sites
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Upper Darby, PA 19082