Community Health and Dental Care is a non-profit health center that provides primary care medical and dental services to all regardless of insurance status. It is the mission of Community Health and Dental Care to identify gaps in health services and to ensure access to appropriate levels of care for all people in the service area regardless of their ability to pay.
The Digital Health Navigator will support Community Health and Dental Care's recent transition to a new patient portal that will allow patients greater access to their care team. In their role, the Digital Health Navigator will contact and meet with patients to provide them with much-needed technology support and tailored guidance related to portal enrollment. Through this work, the Digital Health Navigator will help patients achieve a comfort level with managing their health care, increase patient compliance with preventative visits, and improve the provider/patient relationship through improved communication with their care team. In addition, the Digital Health Navigator will engage patients and community members around additional social determinants of health and have the opportunity to work on Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Poviding education on how to complete paperwork
- Providing brief health education to patients
- Attending meetings and patient huddles
- Conducting phone outreach as assigned by leadership
- Linking patients to care by scheduling appointments
- Utilizing survey tools to upload data from interviews
- Developing various programs on improving health literacy
- Developing assessment tools to track patient improvement
- Assessing community data to locate areas that would benefit from community health screenings and referrals
- Finding additional community resources and programs for patients
- Conducting outreach to patients via phone/letters
- Recruiting volunteers to support events and initiatives
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Comfortable with diversity
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Takes initiative
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good customer service
- Good telephone skills
- Starts orjects independently
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
Nature of Contacts
- Community Groups
- Community Organizations
Purpose of Contacts
- To give or exchange information
- To provide customer service
- To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors
- Special safety regulations or precautions that must be observed
- Health screening or service required