NHC Position Type
NSC welcomes and empowers immigrants to thrive in our communities and pursue a just future. Our vision is that all immigrants achieve a life of safety and stability, sustainable opportunities, and meaningful community connections. NSC serves 5,000 immigrants and refugees from more than 100 countries each year through comprehensive services including language access and proficiency, legal services, community transition and integration, health access, employment support, and a variety of case management programs. For nearly 100 years, our organization has adapted services and tailored programs in response to the evolving needs of our clients.
The Clinic Liaison connects newly arrived refugees and immigrants with primary care providers, manages clients’ specialist and follow-up care, provides clients with health education services and other support. As such, the Clinic Liaison is an integral part of NSC’s Health Team and connects with other NSC programs on a regular basis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Practicing intake and referrals of patients in need
- Identifying patients who are at-risk to assess eligibility for various services
- Offering and reviewing screenings or self-referrals
- Referring patients to other programs and community services tracking
- Patients to confirm program enrollment and engagement
- Developing and/or facilitating classes with other professionals
- Maintaining professional boundaries and respecting patient confidentiality
- Educating patients on medical interventions and prevention
- Documenting interactions with patients in an electronic health record
- Attending and participating in community or host site events creating
- Updating documentation to assess program adoption and progress
- Collaborating with supervisors and other leadership
- Implement strategies to recruit clients to attend health and wellness classes
- Maintaining, assembling, and distributing materials and supplies
- Participating in meetings and conferences
- Providing follow-up to deliver assistance and information
- case review to ensure requirements are met
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Comfortable speaking with patient populations, individually or in groups
- Interested in health and wellness promotion
- Positive attitude
- Patient and calm
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with patient populations
- Familiarity with patient populations
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Instills trust easily
- Creative problem solving
- Kind and friendly
- Experience in a community health center or healthcare setting
- Interest in healthcare, global health, immigrants and refugees.
Knowledge Required for the Position
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/Health Corps member requirements
- Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
- Member uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments following set procedures, independently.
- The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- Member at 90 days, should have understanding and ability for independent tasks, while also consulting with supervisor as needed.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Through supervision, member and supervisor review on an ongoing basis.
- Written and oral guides provide specific instructions for doing service.
- Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
- Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
- Member must use considerable judgment in adapting current or developing new guidance.
- The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The Member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff.
- The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
- Service position assignments involve a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations that conform to established criteria.
- The service position product or services affect the social, physical, and economic well-being of a substantial number of people on an ongoing basis.
- The member is required to investigate or analyze a variety of unusual conditions, problems, or questions.
Nature of Contacts
- Community organizations/groups, healthcare partners
Purpose of Contacts
- To give or exchange information
- Client support
- Unusual service hours, involving evenings, weekends, or long shifts
- unusual service hours-starting shift early based on medical appointments
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire.