NHC Position Type
The NHC member will provide benefit by improving the communications between the agency and our clients, as well as between our stakeholders and the community.
The purpose of the team member would be to help create awareness of health disparities in the community, to bring the stories of our clients to our supporters, helping to bridge the gap between them. This would be done via networking with our various locations across DE, designing a system for receiving and cataloging client stories and testimonials, managing and updating our online presence (Blog, Social Media), and spotlighting stories of inspiration and triumph.
This would help to better involve our supporters, give voice to our clients, and help with inter-program communications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and developing communications related to outreach campaigns
- Obtaining feedback to improve on communication materials
- Developing and distributing new materials geared towards patients, clients, and/or organizations
- Providing outreach in the community to promote services
- Networking with the community
- Coordinating with outside facilities, faith-based organizations, social services agencies, private medical practices, etc.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communicator
- Good with diverse personalities
- Experience with public speaking
- Good interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment
- Interest in health, social justice, and policy issues
- Team player
- Works well with others
- Good listener
- Thinks creatively
- Desires to empower community
- Social media experience
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Organized; sound organizational skills
- Good telephone skills
- Proficient computer and data entry skills (e.g., Microsoft suite)
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options.
- The supervisor assigns service activities in terms of project objectives and basic priorities and is available for consultation in resolving controversial issues.
- The supervisor would provide the goals and topics we are looking for when the member starts, then provide them with news items as they happened to prioritize. The supervisor would work with the member to plan out the procedure, priorities, and schedule of tasks.
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Work is proofread before posting. We will also periodically make sure that all topics have been addressed.
Guidelines are generally applicable, but the Member independently makes adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
- The Member must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete service position assignments.
- A large part of position will be helping to set up our blog. After this, most work will be very procedural.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- The Member’s service output is necessary in order to facilitate the service of other staff.
- The service position product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of further processes or services.
- By telling the stories of clients and supporters, the member will help to build support for health programs that benefit low-income Delawareans.
Nature of Contacts
Public - The audience will include several of the above options, including; Clients, Public, Funders, Community Groups, Community Organizations, and occasionally Government Officials. One of the goals of the position is to cast as wide a net as possible.
Purpose of Contacts
To motivate, influence, or educate people to support change behaviors
Personal vehicle required - A good portion of the position will be traveling to our pantry locations to get stories from volunteers and clients. A personal vehicle would be preferred to help with this.