NHC Position Type
The purpose of this position is to increase knowledge and use of Language Services, especially in support to ChristianaCare's COVID-19 response. This educator will also promote healthcare literacy and knowledge, advancing system goals to increase healthcare access and advocating for patients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Engaging in outreach and promoting health education topics and healthcare services
- Implementing and executing program using established protocols
- Engaging in program planning
Other Major Duties:
- Work in partnership with Language Services team, and healthcare Equity.
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate
- Speaks language(s) spoken by patient populations
- Multi-tasker; ability to balance
- Coordination and/or great project management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and data entry skills
Knowledge Required for the Position
Skill with Microsoft Office or other software for a variety of data processing operations involving a range of problem solving, record keeping, correspondence, and service tracking options
The supervisor assigns service activities, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required.
- The service activities are reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through complaints from customers, and through observation of the Member at service.
- The Member independently plans and carries out the projects and selects the approaches and methods to be used in solving problems.
- Completed projects are reviewed very generally to determine that objectives have been met and are in compliance with policies and regulations.
Detailed guidelines exist, including regulations and directives, handbooks, precedents, industry standards and files of previous projects.
The facts or conditions of the service position are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment.
Purpose and Impact of Service Position Assignments
- Member provides timely services of a personal nature to others.
- Service position assignments involve a variety of conventional problems, questions, or situations that conform to established criteria.
Nature of Contacts
Purpose of Contacts
To provide customer service